Friday, October 3, 2008
Welcome from Dylan, C&B's Marketing Manager!
Meet Dylan Elliott - I’m the Marketing Manger for Cartlidge & Browne, and I look forward to sharing the C&B Love with you!
I can't believe harvest is almost over. I'm not ready for the rain that Fall & Winter is going to bring, but I'm more than ready for the cool nights in front of my fire with my bottle of Snows Lake Cabernet. There are even rumors of a tasting room exclusive C&B Reserve Dessert Syrah that will be released just in time for the winter weather.
We are expanding the Food & Wine pairing section in our new web site. I’d love for our Cartlidge & Browne wine lovers to send in a recipe that pairs with their favorite C&B wine.With that I’m going to share a recipe to pair with our C&B 2006 Zinfandel:
Crab-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
* 4 large Portobello mushrooms, wiped clean. With stems removed and diced
* 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
* freshly ground black pepper
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1/2 medium onion, diced
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 6 ounces crabmeat, drained
* 1 cup provolone
1. Preheat your oven's broiler.
2. Brush both sides of the mushrooms with 3 tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, and arrange on a lipped cookie sheet. Broil on highest rack, turning once, until golden and almost cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove mushrooms and reset oven to 400 degrees.
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil and butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in mushrooms stems and onions and lightly seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute longer. Transfer mushroom mixture to a medium bowl and crabmeat.
4. Spoon a portion of filling into each mushroom cap and top with cheese. Bake on middle oven rack until filling is heated though and cheese melts, about 15 minutes.
If you are a mushroom lover, these are nothing short of amazing!